Last revised on July 20, 2021
1. Compliance with Laws and Regulations
For the purpose of ensuring protection of personal information, JICPA complies with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) (the "Personal Information Protection Act") and the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in Administrative Procedures (Act No. 27 of 2013) (the "Number Act") and other relevant laws and regulations.
2. Collection of Personal Information
- （1）JICPA will collect all personal information, including that for registration of certified public accountants, etc. pursuant to laws and regulations, by appropriate and fair means.
- （2）JICPA will not collect or store any specified information (meaning Individual Numbers (as defined in Article 2, Paragraph 5 of the Number Act) and personal information that contains Individual Numbers; hereinafter the same applies) unless otherwise prescribed by the Number Act.
3. Use of Personal Information
JICPA will use personal information only to the extent necessary for performing its business within the scope of the purpose of use notified or published when collecting the personal information.
4. Provision of Personal Information
- （1）JICPA will not provide your personal information to any third party, except where:
- (i)Having obtained your prior consent;
- (ii)Falling under any item of Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the Personal Information Protection Act; or
- (iii)Falling under Article 23, Paragraph 2 of the Personal Information Protection Act.
- （2）If JICPA shares your personal information with a third party or entrusts a third party to handle your personal information, JICPA will investigate such third party rigorously.
- （3）Unless otherwise prescribed by laws and regulations, JICPA will not provide your specified personal information to any third party (including sharing of such personal information) with or without your consent.
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
If you request JICPA by a prescribed method to (1) disclose your personal information, (2) correct, add or delete your personal information, (3) suspend use of your personal information, remove your personal information or suspend provision of your personal information to a third party, or (4) notify you of the purpose of use of your personal information, JICPA will properly and promptly comply with your request in accordance with laws and regulations and its Constitution, etc.
6. Management of Personal Information
- （1）JICPA appoints its chief executive as personal information protection manager to properly manage personal information.
- （2）JICPA will keep personal information accurate and manage it in a secure manner.
- （3）JICPA will take necessary and appropriate measures, including information security measures, to prevent leakage or loss of, or damage to, personal information.
- （4）JICPA will provide necessary and appropriate supervision over its employees and contractors in order to ensure the safe management of personal information.
- （5）JICPA will establish detailed rules of management of personal information and other regulations, administrative manuals, etc. that are necessary to protect personal information, and make its employees, etc. fully aware of, and implement, such rules. JICPA will maintain and continuously improve such rules.