Recordings of the IFRS Seminar "IFRS Standards Update" held on December 17, 2021 are now available
The seminar hosted by the Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA) and Japan Foundation for Accounting Education and Learning (JFAEL) which was held on December 17th attracted about 890 participants from around the Asia Pacific region.
At this seminar, we welcomed Masamichi Kono (IFRS Foundation Trustee), Andreas Barckow (IASB Chair), Sue Lloyd (IASB Vice-Chair), and Rika Suzuki (IASB Board Member). Following the keynote speech by the IASB Chair, they discussed the latest developments with IASB activities and projects such as "Primary Financial Statements" and "Goodwill and Impairment", the latest developments at the ISSB, and connectivity between the IASB and ISSB.
Click the following link to the event website for the IFRS seminar to access to the recordings which will be available until April 30th, 2022.
- Welcome (approx. 7 min.) Masahiko Tezuka (JICPA Chairman and President)
- IASB Chairman's keynote speech (approx. 23 min.) Andreas Barckow (IASB Chair)
- IASB Technical Update (approx. 54 min.) Rika Suzuki (IASB Board Member)
- Updates on various projects of the IASB
- Strategic decisions about ISSB and its future direction
- Overview of discussions at Technical Readiness Working Group (TRWG)
- Building connectivity between IASB & ISSB